What would I do without pictures? Well, I would have to go look at my calendar to see what we did and even then it isn't all on there. So, here are some more highlights, again based on the pictures.
J has been working on balancing. When we are counting, he has gotten up past 20! He has worked very hard at this.

I tried to make K's birthday very special. I had a banner saying "Happy Birthday" hung up so she would see it first thing in the morning. She then opened a gift. She was totally surprised and even after opening it, she didn't know what it was!!! That was rather fun. :) (It was memory for her camera.) Later that day I gave her the balloons and card that her church teacher brought over as well as flowers that I bought for her and for all of the kids. She got the rose for her birthday and the carnations for each child were given with me telling them 1 special thing about them that I have noticed lately. They loved this!

K had her concert on her birthday night. The band performed before the orchestra. The introduction to their last piece said that they had a very special guest to perform with them. It featured Mr. Belldinger, a famous triangle player who has worked with many famous people (and they listed several, including John Williams). The piece was amazing. Amazingly funny, that is. :) He made a big show of getting out his triangle and getting set up. During the piece he started to do many funny things. He got out his glasses and put them on; he would polish his triangle. In the picture below, he answered a cell phone call saying that his big solo was coming up and that he would talk to them later. He missed 2-3 times when the conductor cued him, but he kept doing different things. At one point he pulled out a paper and began to read. He also pulled out a sandwich that was in his pocket and began to eat it. At the end of the piece, when he again missed his cue, a girl from the band walked up and told him it was his turn to play! He did and everyone clapped and clapped. It was HILARIOUS! We were all laughing. They did say afterwards that his part was played by someone by the name of Paul. I don't remember the last name, but it started off so serious and ended up being a very memorable piece.

Here is K before she plays. The orchestra did a fabulous job. I took recordings of 4 of the 5 pieces. The last was with the chorus and I don't believe that would have turned out as well. I believe that K did a fantastic job and should be very pleased with her efforts.

On Friday, K graduated from her school. Here is where she is shaking her sub's hand (her teacher had a baby and missed the end of the school year.)

S had a game on Saturday. She played incredibly well and I am very pleased with her efforts. Here she was goofing around and making a funny face. It was too cute not to put in. :)

She made contact with the ball and kicked it several times. Here is one. (I got a new camera this last week and I am getting used to it. I didn't know it would take so long for the picture to save and that I would need to push the button before the shot I wanted!) I think she did a great job!

On Saturday after S's game, we rushed down to the Stake Center. It was time for our yearly recital! Everyone did beautifully, I am very pleased to say. After the recital when most everyone had left, this gentleman took out a sugar glider. I hear they are native to Australia. I don't remember the number exactly, but I thought he said he had 5-7 of them. He loves them and thinks they are very friendly. All of the kids got to pet it, including Jocelyn.

After the recital we went to W and D's house for dinner. I helped W move a dresser from 1 bedroom to another. I am glad she didn't do that one by herself. That would have been bad. It was rather heavy.
And this is the end of a very busy week where many more things happened, but these are the things that got photos!
1 comment:
hello
Post a Comment