
Wow, it seems like forever since I've written and I look back and it only was on June 2nd that I wrote last. A lot has happened. We've had some very hot weather (that S. played soccer in) and we all tried to keep cool in.

We went to McDonalds and had bunches of fun. The kids played for quite some time. We also had a really bad storm 1 week ago today. It had thunder, lightning, wind, rain and hail (not all in that order). The hail was bouncing off the grass. We all got onto the couch to watch the weather outside. My flowers out front were rather beaten down by the time it was done. We were very lucky though. Some people had trees on their homes, loss of electricity etc.
Last week I was especially busy. I had many things going on (besides the normal, I mean). For example, S had a family fun day at school and it was lots of fun. They played with magic play dough (it turned color when it was squeezed), we had lunch together, the kids sang to the guests, and there were many more activities. I loved my time there and was very glad to have gone.
In addition to all of the extras, I decided to paint the bathroom ceiling and walls! I prepped the walls, which were not in the best condition to start with. I also primed both the ceiling and the walls. Luckily, I had a very dear friend who helped me paint the walls on Thursday. (My goal was to have it done and put back together for when W. came home on Friday!) It got 2 coats of paint on Thursday starting at about 4:30 pm for the 1st coat! Anyway, it looks much better now that the walls are painted and the light switches and plates have been updated (thanks to Dad!). Wayne arrived home safely and were very glad to have him here, albeit briefly.On Saturday, we had a party for K and Jocelyn. We had lots of people over and celebrated. Because of our summer plans, we also celebrated with some presents/cards for J and S as well.


Well, that brings me to the end for tonight. Now I will go get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment