Tonight I was making Wayne a hamburger and baking some Ciabatta bread, when the stove started popping, flashing and then fire came up out of the back! I called for Wayne - who heard the popping and heard me call for him. He didn't know what was wrong and it scared him.
The kids were sent outside, I called 911, Wayne got out the fire extinguisher (it didn't work - it said it was empty). Then he got out the 2nd kitchen fire extinguisher. That one worked.
A guy who is with a different fire district, but lives in this neighborhood came to check and see if we were ok. (That was so nice of him!) He suggested we unplug it and moved it out for us. It arced again, made popping noises again and a fire came up again!
The firetrucks came and they used some cool device that they looked through to check the temperature of the wall and the stove. It was definitely the stove. They helped air out the house, checked the stove, suggested we leave it outside tonight, helped us (not me, that's the royal us!) carry it outside and were very helpful. Thanks!!
I learned that the people who had this house before us didn't clean under the stove as there was a TON of pet hair, and an animal toy. I didn't take a pic of that. Wayne was fabulous and helped clean up. As I cleaned the wall and the floor, he washed all of the dishes including almost everything that was on the shelf.
Now that I've said my piece, I think I'll be able to go to sleep and sleep well (I hope).
Also, by the way, I realize that it doesn't look too bad and that it could have been way worse and that I could have gotten hurt. We were VERY blessed by the Lord.
3 comments:
I'm glad everyone is ok. I hope you get a new stove on them.
OH my goodness!! That is absolutely so scary! You certainly were watched over!!
WE are all so grateful you are alright. Sounds like a lot of stress and hope things are starting to calm down.:)
Post a Comment